Frequently Asked Questions
- What services do you provide?
- New custom built furniture, upholstery, reupholstery,
refinishing of wood, repairs, some drapery, sewing services, pick up and delivery,
design services, retail fabric, pillow inserts, retail foam, leather refurbishing etc.
- How long does it take to build an average piece of furniture?
- The average new build
takes an average 6-8 weeks from the time we receive a down payment, the average
reupholstery takes 3-5 weeks from the time of down payment. From October 1st thru
December 31st new custom built pieces average 8-10 weeks and reupholstery average
- What is the process for reupholstery?
- When we reupholster a piece we completely take
off the old fabric, we never put fabric over fabric. We will tighten up the frames and re-
tie the springs. Everything receives a new layer of cotton and or polyester batting.
- What’s included in the reupholstery price?
- The price to reupholster includes all labor to
reupholster the piece along with new batting, cotton and or polyester, and a touch up on
exposed wood if present on the piece, however the price does not include new foam,
wood refinishing, frame modifications or new springs.
- How does the quality compare to other manufacturers?
- At Red Fox Furnishings we
pride ourselves on using only the highest quality of goods in our furniture, all of our
furniture is manufactured right here in our own factory, we are committed to American
made furniture and upholstery. We only use HR (high resilient) foam in all furniture and
our master artisans have an average of 25 years experience.
- What types of foam and pillows do you use in your furniture?
- At Red Fox Furnishings
only the finest foam is used in our custom furniture. Each piece uses only the highest
quality HR (high resilient) foam wrapped in your choice of down feather of 1oz. Dacron
batting for your preferred comfort. Our commercial production furniture uses a high-
density 1.8 foam in the seat cushions and is wrapped in 1 oz. Dacron batting for added
crown and shape, the arms in all our furniture are covered only in HR foam
- What type of wood is used in the frames?
- All of our frames are a solid kiln-dried alder
hardwood, our production frames are a very high quality 7-ply hardwood. All of our
frames are cut to precision, corner blocked, doweled, glued, stapled and reinforced.
- Do you give discounts?
- We do give discounts, please sign up on our mailing list and
you can receive email offers.
- Do you have a designer program?
- Yes, we have a designer program. All designers
must be an established business and present a business license and professional
business card. Not all applicants are received into the design program.
- Do you provide design services?
- Yes, we have an in house designer in our showroom
to help you find the right furniture for your home.
- Do you charge for your design services?
- services? No, unlike most companies we do not charge
for in house design services.
- What type of payment do you accept?
- What type of payment do you accept? We accept cash, check and all major credit
- What if I change my order before it is completed?
- Minor changes or changes before
production are not a problem and usually free, however if production is started there is
a 30% change order fee up till the time fabric is cut. Once fabric has been cut a change
of order is conditional upon managers approval.
- Do you deliver or ship?
- We deliver anywhere within 0-9 miles for $35, 10-19 miles for
$50, 20-39 miles for $75, 40-60 for $100, call for pricing outside of this area.
- Is there a fee or charge to have something rushed?
- Average time frame for a custom
build piece is 6-8 weeks and reupholster is 3-5 weeks, there is a 25% rush fee if an
order needs to be completed sooner than the above time frames. Holiday time frames
are 2 weeks longer
- Do you accept returns?
- Because each piece is uniquely designed for each customer we
are unable to accept returns.
- Is there a restocking fee?
- There is a restocking fee of 35% on fabrics if returned with in
- Do you have fabrics to choose from?
- We have thousands of fabrics to choose from in
our showroom, from solids to prints and leather to vinyl and carry most major brands.
- Can I use my own fabric?
- You are more than welcome to use your own fabric, there is
a $9/yard cutting fee for COM (Customers Own Material)
- What fabric lines do you carry?
- Fabricut, Duralee, Kravet, Barclay Butera, RM Coco, S.
Harris, Robert Allen, Schumacher, Trend, Vervain, Osborne & Little, Designer's Guild,
Brunschwig & Fils, Pindler & Pindler, Clark & Clark, Ralph Lauren (Folio), B|Berger,
Braemore, Swavelle, Maharam, P Kaufman, Polack, Stroheim, Waverly
- What types of leather do you carry?
- We carry all types from top grain to full aniline dyed
and designer printed leathers
- How can I order a fabric sample or memo?
- You can come in or call our showroom at
1467 N State Street, Provo, UT 84604 or call 801-228-0909 and we can help you get a
free memo sample ordered.
- Do you sell just the fabric?
- We are happy to sell you just the fabric by the yard, our
minimum order is one yard.